Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Train Up a Child.........


Proverbs 22:6 reads:

"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." What does this mean? For me it means that whatever we teach our children when they are young, they will either practice what they were taught or if they stray away from what they were taught they will always come back to it. Example: I have four sons and when they were little I use to tuck them in for the night, kiss them on the forehead and sing this little good night song that goes a little something like this. Good night.........sleep tight..........don't let the bed bugs bite (they would repeat it after each line). My sons are now 24, 22, 18 and 16. When ever we say good night to one another, they still break out in song. We enjoy that song just as we did when they were younger. We must remember as we raise our children that what we instill in them when they are young will stick with them for the rest of their lives.

5 comments:

  1. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!! Job well done. That is an excellent first post! Me likey, me likey alot. Your opening line is the same bible quote I used when I created Tihalia's celebrower invitations. I agree whole heartedly agree with your message. You done good (intentional bad grammar).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was good Ree. Funny thing is I do the same thing when I put my boys to bed. We have two favorites and rest assure before I can get out of the room one of them has to be said. If I happen to forget Reece will say, "mommie you forgot to say something to me." I'll start and he will finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading this, now you must find a way to post the audio!! lol!

    ReplyDelete