Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jon and Kate? No wait..............!


I know that Jon and Kate Gosslin from the reality TV show Jon and Kate Plus 8 have been all in the media. I have been trying to avoid blogging about it because of that reason. I have such strong feelings about the whole situation, I just had to go ahead and get it out of my system. That's what a blog spot is for, right?

First of all I feel sad for the children, simply because they did not ask to be brought into this world, they did not ask for their lives to be made public for the past 5 years. I only hope that 15 years from now, the children can look back at this and smile upon there experience and not resent the experience altogether. To top it off, they have to go through a public divorce as if a family dealing with divorce privately is not hard enough as it is. I pray that they make it through this tough time and it does not affect them in the long run.

I do realize that couples go through hard times that sometimes end in divorce and I guess I got too caught up in the whole show as I usuallly do. I just feel like I know the Gosslins and I have grown to like them and I really don't want them to split up. At his point all we can do is pray that the parents remain civil for the children's sake, which they seem to be doing and I pray that the children continue to be happy and healthy, physically and emotionally.

3 comments:

  1. I kinda saw this coming, and I say that based on the manner in which she berated him. Kate talked to Jon in such a emasculating manner, it was painful to watch. But sometimes he did act like one of the kids, but that still didn't justify her treatment of him. But then again the media showed us what they wanted to see, so who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you all fancy like with the pictures and errything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty of being a faithful watcher of that show. I agree with MochaTrina, I saw this coming. She was entirely too bossy to him and he clearly resented it. She talked to him like he was one of the kids all the time.

    It's true that we only saw a snippet of what their real lives are like but I saw it happening.

    I think she has gone hollywood...and really who can blame her...I would want to spruce up my image too.

    That's alot of child support homie is going to have to dish out.

    ...and look at you jazzing up your blogspot...ooo weee!

    ReplyDelete